Sunday, September 21, 2014

Week three - 2014

We were very lax on homeschool this week. I don't know if we were busier or just lazier, but I guess we'll just have to catch up a bit this coming week. 

It was C week. Jace and I practiced writing letters (not just C) on our whiteboard while Remi scribbled. 

I read to him the story of the cock crowing when Peter denied Jesus. Interestingly, I think there's an idea that the cock crowed three times. According to what we read, it only crows once, when the sun started coming up. I think sometimes the story gets muddled because it was Peter who did something in threes, not the rooster. 

We also did some more work with sequencing. I made a row of beads on a pipe cleaner and then he copied with his beads. It is great for his fine motor skills, and thought it was pretty cool to make a bracelet when he was done. 
And, just for fun, we made a paper chain of the days remaining until his birthday (27 tomorrow!) Good for counting, and good for keeping track of what day it is. 
Tomorrow is the first day of fall. I suppose he should move his sunshine off the felt calendar and put up the brown leaf. 





No comments:

Post a Comment